Hey folks, I sure hope all here in the U.S. enjoy the wonderful holiday tomorrow. To mark the occasion, both Bilerico Project and Huffington Post are running a piece of mine I wrote last year, “I am a Mother-F–ckin’ American”. I’m proud to note that since its original publication, which included mentioned of President Obama, I’ve been able to remove him from the list of “non-Americans,” due to his recent stance on marriage equality, efforts in increasing healthcare availability, and so much more. Great job, Mr. President–can’t wait to see what else you’ll do to make this country even better.
I’m also thankful for my pal, Jeff Ballam, who was inspired by a piece I wrote last week, “Am I a Slut or a Prude?“, which prompted him to examine his own life. He’s done so in a new blog post. He’s got a new book coming out soon, and I wish him the very best.
The kids are in full summer mode, and very soon we’ll be heading out for a much-needed family vacation to Boston and Provincetown, which makes it even odder still that I’m now in the middle of writing holiday-themed short stories, for a new collection I hope to have completed for the winter!
I continue to receive many wonderful notes and reviews from readers of Songs, and for that I am truly grateful. It was a labor of love, and I’m glad it has resonated with so many!
Enjoy your 4th,
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)